Be there for others, but never leave yourself behind.”
Everyone’s relationship is perfect . . . until it isn’t. It’s a common experience for people to find themselves stuck, lost, and confused when the relationship that once brought so much pleasure turns into a hotbed of constant fights and disagreements. If you can relate to these people and have reached a rough spot in your relationship, or if you just want to learn something new about emotional triggers and the importance of thinking separately in your relationships, listen to my interview on the I Do Podcast with Chase and Sarah. Hear us discuss relationship topics that include:
• Why commitment is the baseline and foundation of a relationship
• Why it’s important to think separately from your partner in a relationship
• How to manage your own functioning and avoid trying to manage your partner
• Why we become emotionally triggered and how to deal with it.
• How to take an objective approach to a triggered response.
• Why it’s important to not judge yourself for becoming triggered.
• And much more!
Listen to the full episode through the links below:
Show Notes page: http://idopodcast.com/dr-ilene-s-cohen/
iTunes: (It will be the first one): https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/i-do-podcast-with-chase-sarah/id840534227
Direct Download URL: http://traffic.libsyn.com/idopodcast/Dr._Ilene_Strauss_Cohen.mp3
Once a week I send out a newsletter with new articles and unique content for readers. It is my way of staying in touch with you and giving you free advice based on some important topics.
Click here to sign up for my newsletter.
Article edited by Dr. Denise Fournier